Ultra Trail Stokely Creek has made the very difficult decision to postpone this years edition of the race until 2021. This decision was not reached without an intense level of internal debate but if we may illuminate the decision making process, we hope you can understand why we made this very difficult call.
The safety, security and health of our runners, volunteers and spectators is 100% our top priority. In looking for clear and concise guidelines from the Ontario Government we are offered no assurance that we can continue to lead you all on believing this potential mass gathering can be executed without restriction or consequence in October as we expected over 400 runners, 100 volunteers and countless raucous finish line spectators. This would not be a prudent undertaking with the current pandemic threat. We also know that travel restrictions could limit the amount of international talent (6 countries) we were expecting and quite frankly, we don’t want to do this without EVERYONE who wants to be a part of our little Northern Ontario world class trail running event. If we can’t effectively execute what 98 percent of our runner surveys commented on as our “indescribable race vibe” this year then we need to take the steps necessary to ensure we do it safely and properly in 2021.
We want to be something you can be sure of in these very uncertain times. This you can be sure of. We did not reach this decision lightly. There are no if ands or buts. We have postponed to 2021.
The silver lining could not be brighter ...
As these circumstances are truly a unique challenge to navigate for all of us, we have 4 options for our registered runners. We do ask you consider a partial or even more generous, full donation to Bear In Mind Running, as we have already made non refundable financial commitments to execute this 2020 edition of the UTSC. Your donation can help ensure this race comes back, bigger and better when the time is right next year.
We also completely understand your personal financial situations may have changed in the last 3 months and are offering the option of a full refund, less service fees and donations made to the Humane Society. We hope this option can assist in this very difficult time for everyone.
Your options are….
#1. Defer registration fees to the 2021 edition of the UTSC
#2. Full refund less service fees and Humane Society donations
#3. Partial refund less service fees and Humane Society donations Partial donation to Bear In Mind Running
#4. Full donation to Bear In Mind Running
We ask that between June 1-30 you please email email@example.com with your name, contact info and one of the 4 options above and we will work with you to facilitate your decision.
For our Canadian runners Interac E-Transfer will be the preferred method of return and for our international contingent, PayPal, or cheque is easily arranged as well.
Or hey, give me a call or shoot me a text . Let's chat. I’d love to hear from you in person about how much this blows for everyone. We certainly are gong to miss you all.
Look forward to chatting with everyone soon.
Stay safe and keep running
Can't wait to see everyone next year